Wednesday, January 4, 2012

NEW RADIO SHOW: A Temporary Condition

THURSDAYS 3 PM to 4 PM on WKradio.com
Songs I like to hear here...

It's been awhile since I have been on the radio. Since I have presented any intentional thoughts or ideas to the world, outside of work, for quite some time. This new radio show is my way of reaching my arms out a bit more. New Year. New Home. New Molecules. New Music. Re-heard music.

Isn't that the best? Re-hearing something you loved, but had not heard n a long time? Hearing something so familiar even though it reminds you of a lifetime ago, reminding us that every moment is just a temporary condition.

It is one thing to begin to love a song or an artist. It is something else to re-discover it. To hear that song, again, suddenly, when you are in an entirely different place than where you were when that song started with you.

Sometimes it sets a pause in your day. You stop for a moment and think about how you and your one friend used to drive around at night, counting street lamps, playing that song, pretending to hit the falsetto as you sang along. You loved that. You love this song.

You forgot about that.

It's okay. Listen now...

My first show is (tomorrow) January 5th. Tune in.
I'll be playing: Nina Simone, Soko, Flying Kites, Justin Towns Earl and Dawn Landes, Television, Reel Time Travelers, Mahalia Jackson and many more.

If you could listen to Instagram posts, this is what it would sound like.
Thursdays, 3PM, www.wkradio.com

**** I'm starting a segment on the show where people tell me a personal story about a time in their life when they were experiencing "a temporary condition". If you have a story about "a temporary condition" in your life, past, present or future, and you are willing to share, please let me know. I'd love to record it. Or if you can record it yourself, send it to me to include in the show.

Happy New Year to all!

No comments: